Friday, September 2, 2011

Autumn inspired manicure

The mornings here in the Northwest have been hinting at impending doom autumn. Actually, I love autumn. The smell of bonfires and hot apple cider (cliche, I know) get me excited to curl up on the sofa for weekend movie marathons (I can't wait for Downton Abbey to start!) and a huge slice of pumpkin pie. In an effort to hurry the season change along, I changed my manicure. So excited for Essie's handbag collection - I want them all - I snapped up "Very Structured" as soon as I saw it in Fred Meyers. Luckily for me, right new to the Essie display stood quite temptingly the new Sally Hansen Xtreme wear glitters. As I scanned them somewhat disinterested now that I had handbag inspired nail polish, the name "Pumpkin Spice" jumped out at me. Three of my favorite thing stuffed into nail polish? Ok, there's a god and she loves beauty freaks like me! It didn't take me more than a second to snatch up the Sally Hansen glitter.

So here it is - the autumn manicure. The base is Essie Very Structured and the two overcoats are Sally Hansen's Pumpkin Spice. I apologize in advance for the slight smudges in the photos. For the life of me, I can't find my nail polish corrector pen.