Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sephora's Hidden Eye Gems


Apparently, Sephora does not want you to buy their new eye palette. I don't know why not because it's absolutely spectacular. But in the effort of writing this blog, it took me nearly five minutes of web searching on their site to find the Moroccan Sunrise Palette. This spread of five eyeshadows is just as pretty as it's name. Also just as surprising, these beautiful colors are not individually named (at least not that I can find anywhere). From left to right, there is dusty orange, velvety sand, deep latte, matte milk chocolate, and lush golden rose. The gems are encased in a scrollwork gold compact with full-sized mirror and double brush. It is reminiscent of Turkish tiles or ironwork.
Soft and easily brushed on, the shadows give you maximum color impact and a nice thick coverage. I love the brush! All of the color that you swipe onto it comes off on your eyelid making it easy to switch between colors. Plus it is super soft on your tender eyes. I have received compliments on all the variations of color that I have used from this palette. For everyday, I tend to stick with the neutrals, mostly using the sand and latte colors. At $30, it is a bit of a pricey splurge. I bought it for my birthday and it makes me feel pampered every time I open it.

No comments: