Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine's Wish List


My husband always asks me what I want for Valentine's Day. It always forces me to think of fashionable and loving items. Something to make me feel treasured. I never ask for much (my birthday is just two weeks prior to V-day and he spoils me on that day). But here's a few lovely gifts that I think ANY fashionista would enjoy.

The Kate Spade "Red Letter Day" bracelet is a memorable way to show your love. At Kate Spade's website, it retails for $98 and would make a trendy addition to any jewelry collection (mine particularly). But if your girl isn't a jewelry kind of lady, check out the other Valentine's gifts including the adorable "Griffen" tote with exclamations of love.

My favorite chocolates (it's hard to pick just one) are Vosges Haut Chocolate. I am lusting after the Gatsby truffle collection which blends roses, chocolate, and champagne for a lovely and delicious (sinfully so) truffle. My favorite thing about Vosges is the unusual blend of flavors. I was lucky enough to visit a Vosges boutique while I was in New York. The staff was friendly and helpful. I felt pampered after I left. But the important point is that everytime I open a purple box of their chocolates, I breathe in a sigh of indulgence. World Market Cost Plus carries a limited selection of the Exotic chocolate bars in case you are running out of shopping time!

Despite the fact that this next treat has a weird top and I can never figure out how to spray it, I love the look of the bottle AND the juice. The perfume girls must think I am an idiot. Emilio Pucci Vivara is one of my favorite perfumes. I have only possessed samples of it. I will wear it all spring. However, Pucci has released three new perfumes. Each celebrates the upcoming spring and elements of nature - sea, sand, and sun. My favorite of these is Vivara Variazioni-Sabbia 167. The perfume has a citrus smell on first spray - tangerine and lemon and on dry down a smooth sweetness which is listed as iris. I like the floral drydown because it is not heady or overwhelming unlike most florals. The citrus top notes cheer me up in the gray days of Winter. Plus the bottle, a sweet pink Pucci print cap with a pink glass container would look adorable on my dresser.

For beautiful flowers and a good deal, have your honey run down to Costco. They also have gorgeous bouquets online and even a lovely heart shaped topiary. But I prefer their rose bouquets. After all, roses are classic and rich.

Over the years, my husband has bought me little things on Valentine's Day. These are the everyday items that when you pull it out of the cupboard or wear it daily, you tend to remember those loving moments. One of those items was a pretty pink mug from Starbucks. This year, Starbucks has focused their sites on lush red mugs. My favorite set is the coffee for two, natural brown and cream mugs with hints of red. To pair with these crisp, glossy cups, try a spicy Tazo tea or the Bella Vista blend of coffee. The beautiful view will be the look of delight when your lover opens their goodie bag!

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: