Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tag Sale Finding Extraordinare

I have been so busy that I didn't blog about my tag sale findings from last week! A friend called me and said that her entire development was having a sale. Would I like to come over and go with her? Yes, please! I love whole neighborhood sales. It's like a one stop shopping marketplace! But amazingly, I showed restraint. Since Hubby and I are in the midst of the craft shed remodel (updates to follow), I feel that my money and time should be flu used on finishing that project. So I took very little cash to this sale. But look what I scored!

As we were walking past a garage, this gorgeous office chair sported a large red ink sign that said, "$5.00." I looked at the guy who was running the sale and said, "Are you serious? What's wrong with it?" Well, it had a wobbly arm. Wobbly arm? I happen to know a expert in fixing wobbly arms! (insert husband with tools here!) I handed the man $5 and told hi. I'd be by with a Jeep to pick it up. Amazingly, this chair will work great in my craft area! So it really was in the spirit of the craft shed that I spent the money. And despite the scrapes and minor damages to the chair, it is charming and quite solid once the arm was fixed.

On the chair, you see my J Crew sweater. I splurged and bought it last year. It's as delicate as a spider web but delightfully warm on a cool summer's morn!

Live Fashionably!

No comments: