Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Nails Inc. London

I was thrilled when Nails Inc. came to Sephora. I had been waiting for this since All Lacquered Up reported on this brand. I was absolutely in lust with Paddington which I hoped would be a creamy British Racing green. My picture is taken against the British racing green of my husband's car. It was very difficult to get a picture without a ton of glare but you can see it's pretty close. I would say that it has a bit more gray in the undertones than the paint on the car. Plus the car does have a bit more sparkle (even though it needed a bath at the time!). I love the color but it shows every scuff and wobbly brush line on my cuticle. I dropped the cap two or three times when I was applying the polish. This is extremely unusual for me but I've never worked with the sort of thick tube-like shape that is the cap on the polish. With some practice I will probably get used to it. I purchased the colour collection from Sephora so that I could get the other colors as well because they looked like such great autumn shades! The others in the four pack are Charing Cross (a vibrant true red)' St. Pancras (a warm almost chocolately burgundy), and Fenchurch Street (a harvest cross between brown and mustard). The colors are gorgeous in the bottle and as strange as Fenchurch street sounds both my daughter and I oooooo'd and ahhhhhhh'd over it. Unfortunately, the box is no longer available on Sephora but the individual colors were. I didn't buy any of the 3D glitters or crackle coats but I'm sure that I will because I'm a bit of a sucker for glitter and my daughter is madly in love with crackle coats (I'm not there yet).

I was also fascinated by the Kensington Caviar coat which I hoped would put an end to my waiting around for the nails to dry. It's good. But perhaps my application was a bit off. I ended up with minuscule bubbles and scuffs in my finish. I loved the finish with the wet, salon style finish. In the picture below, you can see how wet the finish looks. It's exactly what I've been looking for. The 45 second dry time is great but it's a deceptive time. I found that I still had to take care with my nails. It's difficult to tell when they are truly dry and even when they are dry to the touch, they aren't up to heavy duty usage.

No comments: