Monday, September 6, 2010

Quilts! Quilts! and MORE Quilts!

As the weather begins to turn cold and blustery (especially today), I begin to put my thoughts to a cozy bed to curl up in during the day with a 90210 marathon or at night with the hubby, kids, and animals.  What can I say, we have a full house!  I have been in particular looking for some quilts to put over the bed.  With their beautiful colors, awesome graphic patterns, and variety, quilts never lose their charm to me.  I am a huge fan of the quilt collection at the National Quilt museum and hope someday to see it in person.  But for now and practical reasons (I can't have a work of art on my bed!), I am lusting after these quilts!

The Pottery Barn has a wonderful selection of quilts and in particular they have some beauties for the fall.  Take a look at this incredible American Folkart museum quilt in a spectacular sunburst pattern.  It only comes in a queen size and would definitely blow my budget out of the water.  But that doesn't stop me from drooling over it both in the store and on the website!

I haven't ever ordered anything from The Company Store but I've slept under their duvets plenty of times at my Mother-in-law's beach house.  So I have a healthy respect for the quality of the product and the wonderful sleep I get.  But I have nearly ordered a few things this week because they have a lovely selection of bedding for the fall.  I love the unusual colors in the Potpourri quilt.  In addition, the geometric simplicity is appealing for a bedroom that is already pretty busy visually speaking.  Plus the cost of this quilt might be more in my price range.

The Gianna Scallop from The Pottery Barn
But I love the Pottery Barn so much that I could go for the Gianna Scallop and be perfectly happy with the lovely colors.  The neutral brown would coordinate with more of my bedding choices.  The red would add a punch of color to a palette that already might have too much blue in it.  And the pattern again is simple but rich. 

However, I am a huge fan of the handmade quilts and so I went on Etsy and found some gorgeous quilts, especially the ones by Pieces of Pine.  Or the gorgeous Figgy Pudding quilt by Life Quilts which would be wonderful to drape on my bed not just at Christmas.  And my absolute favorite, by The Bobbins Nest, the Birds of a Feather quilt.  It's so whimsical that I just wanted to snatch it up!  The Bobbins Nest makes quite a few adorable crib quilts that I would love to see in larger sizes like the Oliver LiL Hoot! 
Birds of a Feather Flock Together!!!

The problem is that I have to make a choice. And I didn't even show you the Hawaiian quilts that I love so much.   It's hard to pick just one!  But in the meantime, stay warm!

Fashionably yours!

No comments: