Sunday, February 22, 2009

Help me find a new blush!

I am on the hunt. I just scraped bottom with both of my Dior blushes. There are so many wonderful choices that I am turning to my two loyal readers to ask for feedback. First, let me start with some information about me. One of my loyal readers and seen me in person so she is familiar with the skin. The other has not. I have pale skin. Typically, I use very light foundation. During the summer, I redden instead of tan so I tend to use products that have SPF. Still when I work in the garden during the summer, my skin runs a bit darker. I am looking for two blushes. In my color kit, I typically keep a brown or neutral tone blush and a dusty rose blush. I stay away from obvious pinks, the bright colors look fake. I don't use coral or oranges because they tend to be too harsh on my skin. I also avoid cheek stains also for the same reason. I like blushes that over a variety of ways to use them. Both of my current blushes have a range of similar colors that I blend or use as highlighters.

Now, for the question of the moment, how much will I spend? Since I have to buy two blushes, I would like to keep the price low. I like nice blush that will last awhile so I am willing to spend a bit. I've had both of my blushes for a year and used them quite a bit. But this doesn't mean that I am unwilling to go with a drugstore option like Revlon or other brands.

Some potentials (although I am still open to suggestions).

Nars - Blush and bronzing duo - Go from spring to summer with an outstanding color. Have heard raves for the past few years about the color "orgasm" and have thought about trying.

Dior - I could stick with what has been successful for me in the past. Two shades or a lovely palette in the Diorskin Shimmer Star (I have the amber diamond).

Cargo - I've never tried their products before but look at these luscious colors in the SuedeBlush!

theBalm - Again, a product line that I have never tried, has a "less is more" kind of blush that looks fun. Called "Hot Mama", it really has been thinking about summer!

JK Jemma Kidd - Not adverse to Target ever....I find more style and deals there than anywhere. Saw this pretty color and thought....maybe?

Anyway, I could go on and on! This is why it's so hard to make a decision. I had this problem LAST time I was shopping for blush. Let me know what you think in the comments!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Benefit Posietint is the best blush around. I definitely recommend it!