Sunday, January 25, 2009

Givenchy - Deep Dark Lashes that are PHENOMENAL


This is the strangest looking mascara wand that I have ever used. But about the time that the oscillating mascara wands came out, I was actually buying Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes mascara. Mostly because I'd run completely out of mascara and had no choice. Also, because (truth be told) those oscillating wands scare the holy heck out of me! Even if I did want one, all of you fashionistas know that you couldn't get a hold of one for months because of the mad rush! I had serious doubts when I ordered it. But Sephora offered one of their absolutely crazy specials where if I ordered it plus the sizzling red rollerball of Absolutely Irresistible for my purse, I would get a great little pouch with deluxe Givenchy samples...I mean, seriously, it was the serpent's apple all over again. My husband and any of my close friends know that I have been in love with Givenchy's Irresistible fragrance line for the past year and half. It's easy enough to wear to my job without causing my husband to hav allergy attacks. I smell good. He stays healthy. A win win situation. But having purchased Givenchy powder, I was more skeptical about the cosmestics line. The powder lacked depth and shimmer. Normally, I use Guerlain meteorites so it's hard to compete with that kind of perfection! I thought that the mascara would get me by until I bought something else. But this mascara is absolutely incredible. It does not apply in the same manner as a normal wand with just a few even parallel strokes. Instead, it is total precision control for you to draw out the corner of your lashes so that they point out, full of cat's eye drama. It has amazingly smooth, thick coverage that stays through the day. I don't curl my lashes because mine have enough curl. Phenomen'Eyes address each lash, curling or spiking depending on which way you use the brush. There is no need for fake lashes because it adds thickening power, giving you heart fluttering eyes. I have fun putting this mascara on. It adds total drama, sexy 'guy grabbing' lashes!

No comments: