Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bring Back Lipstick Jungle


There are so few fashionable intelligent shows on television now. Women's programming is being pushed aside for reality madness or sci-fi-horror combos. Nerd programs are delightful and fun like Chuck and Big Bang Theory. But when I want stilettos and tear inducing drama, I turn to Lipstick Jungle. There are very few shows on major networks today that deal with women's issues. Most are geared towards teenagers or men. It would seem that sexy mature women are not watching television because they are too busy or they are settling for programming that is substandard and just fills the void. I am extremely busy but Lipstick Jungle is at the top of my TIVO list (along with Brothers and Sisters). I've had this show on my TIVO since the beginning but it has ingrained itself in my heart especially this second season. Recently, I discovered the neat extras that NBC put on the website including Bonfire magazines from one of the main characters, Nico Riley who is the editor. This was a rich, well-acted show. NBC's representatives claim that they are giving up some shows to bring on better ones but if you ask me, they've dumped the creme de la creme and I won't even go into how I feel about My Own Worst Enemy. Please email NBC. There have been some insinuations that it may return in the fall but I am not holding my breath. Bring back Lipstick Jungle.

No comments: