Monday, August 15, 2011

Manicure Madness

I rarely buy makeup at garage sales. Perfume perhaps but never makeup. It is just not sanitary. Unless that person is a distributor such as an Avon representative and they are selling their stash but even then...I hesitate. However, when it came to the bin of nail polish as a sale on Saturday, I was a sucker. The name was Age of Aquarius which drew me in automatically because I am an Aquarius. The other selling point was that this bottle of polish was made by a local shop, Archibald Sisters. I had NO idea that they had a line of nail polish! I haven't bought their line of lotions, perfumes, and soaps for many years. In fact, I got tired of the front of the shop which is a bit kitschy and full of goofy products that are clearly for a younger, prank-centric market. So you will forgive me if I didn't get to the back of the store which contains the more lush, feminine lines such as what is listed on their website. I'll be honest with you, I'm not even sure that they still carry nail polishes.

The good things about this polish - look at that blue! And with a name like Age of Aquarius, how could you go wrong? It is a matte finish which means it's probably not that old considering the matte trend last fall. It just doesn't look as matte in the pics because I put a gloss top coat over it so it would match the red in finish. A local nail polish? How often do you get to live in a town where there's a LOCAL polish designer! (I have so many questions for Lisa!)

The bad - there are a few such as the fact that this is not 3 or 4 free. Also, it has the most finicky application. I did the best that I could but drying time was hideous and streaks were prevalent.

The red in my manicure is Nails Inc.'s Charing Cross. Isn't it gorgeous and I had absolutely no problems with the application!

But my poor hands, they look hideously beat up! Summer gardening and projects have perhaps caught up with me!

No comments: