Sunday, August 22, 2010

Garage Sale Finds of the Weekend! Mad Men Style

I have been in awe of the incredible Mad Men style. It took me several tries to get into the show but the sets and fashion are so impressive. I must have gone garage saling this weekend with that in mind because several of my scores had Mad Men style! I know on the east coast these sales are referred to as tag sales. My family and I go to all no them no matter what the name. Sometimes I find neat, interesting things and sometimes not. However, when I do find stylish fashionable items, I've decided to share. After all what's the fun of a score if I can't SHARE?  Ok, I liked show-and-tell in kindergarten!

I have an itsy bitsy martini shaker. It's really an individual size. Recently I had been thinking that if I wanted to make lavender cosmos for a party, it was going to take me awhile. But this weekend, I scored a party-sized martini shaker. A steal at $2.50, this martini shaker has a tilted pour spout with it's little removable lid and strainer. The top half is clear glass with a few minor imperfections such as a bubble in the glass. There are different sized silver stripes that match the shiny lid. The bottom is a textured glass so that gripping the shaker while preparing a drink won't be a dangerous experience!

Shot glass and wine bar set
Rarely do you go from sale to sale and find coordinating items but down the road at the next sale, I found a matching shot glass with a silver rim for 50 cents! And to complete my bar saga, later on in the day I found a wine opener, corkscrew, and stopper set for a quarter.

Add the cost of the crisp white linen that I photographed on and my total to update my bar was $4.25!  Now that's a thing of beauty!

2 comments:

Hazel from Hazel Loves Design said...

Love that martini shaker, that is diabolically cool! I have recently re-found the sport of yard-sale-shopping, and I'm LOVING it!

I held a bridal shower at home yesterday and as I was pulling out different pieces of serving ware guests would ask 'Where did you get that' and more often than not the groovy pieces were from a yard-sale and were being used in ways other than how they were originally intended to be used.

Too much fun... love being unpredictable!

:) Hazel

PS Discovered your blog via the poppy trail! And LOVE it!

Cadence said...

Thanks, Hazel! I added you to my blogs! I am looking forward to sharing more of my tag sale finds! I have the same issue. Had a girl's party not too long ago and most of my table was set with vintage pieces that I've been collecting from garage sales! Isn't the Poppy Trail great?